Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wow! Only 3 more days!

Time has flown by! But we love it. Can't wait for the new year and the new venture.

A lot of people have asked why I am doing this whole promoteVT.com thing. Well, I thought it was time to answer!
First off, I love Vermont businesses. As much as I complain about the weather, I do really enjoy VT. There's something special to a VT business. Most people are very friendly, most businesses have that family feel, and everyone is looking to better themselves and business. I'm not going to say that I've never bought from a big box store, however when ever I do, I feel a sense of guilt for not buying from a VT business. It's the little businesses who make a difference to the great slogan 'BUY LOCAL'. I can really appreciate that slogan and know that other VT businesses do as well.
The other reason that I wanted to do this was I also love marketing, branding and people. Social media is hot right now, so what better way to market a business then with social media. I'm not an expert at social media and will be the first to admit that, however I do know that I'm getting the hang of it and will enjoy working towards perfection.
I really wanted to do something that would help make a difference to people in the community and do something exciting and new. This has been quite an experience so far and I can't wait for the big launch on 1/1/10!

I also wanted to share an email that i received from a VT business that has signed on with us to have their business promoted:
"Thanks again for all you are doing for me and the small business owners of Vermont.". - Sarah B

It's my pleasure!!! I look forward to all that 2010 has to offer to all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment