Thursday, January 28, 2010
What I made for dinner - a recipe from www.ChefContos.blogspot.com:
Maple & Apple Braised Chicken
4 boneless, skin-on chicken breasts
Salt and ground black pepper
3 tablespoons grape seed oil
1 apple, sliced
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 bay leaf
1 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
1/2 cup chicken stock or Apple Cider
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 425º.
2. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large oven proof sauté pan over medium high heat and add oil. When hot add chicken breasts skin side down. Brown the chicken on both sides then add apple slices.
4. Add vinegar, maple syrup, bay leaf, thyme, and stock to the sauté pan. Bring to a boil. Place pan in oven and roast until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165° F, 6-10 minutes.
5. Remove chicken from the oven. If needed reduce sauce 3 minutes to thicken over high heat. Turn heat off, add butter and adjust the seasoning.
6. Serve chicken with sauce and mashed potatoes!
This was super easy to make! I took one bit and was in heaven. I felt like a gourmet chef! My husband said that it was the best thing I have ever made!!! And wants to have this again for dinner... SOON!
Chef Contos - THANK YOU for sharing your great recipes and for the great services that you offer! You are amazing!!